The Swiss Cancer Cascade Genetic Screening Consortium is a Swiss-based collaboration of stakeholders from basic research, the healthcare system, and social sciences. The goal of the consortium is to provide information and expert support to families with pathogenic variants connected to breast and ovarian cancer and to Lynch syndrome. Families concerned with these syndromes need support and expert coordination of care.
The CASCADE study in Switzerland takes place in German, French, Italian, and English. The goals are to:
- examine hereditary cancer risk connected to pathogenic variants
- assess the quality of life, medical, and psychosocial needs of families concerned with these hereditary cancer syndromes, and how these needs change over time
- facilitate coordination of cancer surveillance
- provide expert information about use of cancer genetic services
- promote interventions designed to help families cope with increased cancer risk and communicate about genetic testing results